Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Drabble Challenge: Day 3

    This is rather strange. I'm on my Dad's desktop currently, because, as I believe I mentioned, my baby has to go to the service center and as thus, I've set up temporary residence on the desktop. And I can actually read everything now. The text is so large!

    Unfortunately, my back is to the family room, so everything I do is on display for all to see. Yaaay. Ah well. I can use Dirk (old laptop, used by my sister) to watch telly. 

    Anyways, boring you with misadventures with computers.


    Drabble Challenge: Day 3 - restless
    Word Count: 199     Minimum Goal: 180

    It was happening again. Vena could feel it in how she was beginning to get restless. She’d been in one spot too long and now her wandering feet pleaded to move on, continue forward, seek out a new adventure.
    The bustling city had been riveting, with all its back alleys and reaching heights, but she belonged in the mountains, among the trees and streams, where the birds sang and the air brought energy to the soul, not just the body.
    The sky was streaked with pink and grey when she packed her few belongings into her knapsack and pulled it over her shoulder. She skirted through the buildings, the few people just beginning to rise as well, towards the main gate.
    A faint smile pulled at Vena’s mouth when she reached the towering wall and felt a breeze sweep past her, tugging her loose hair into a frenzy and encouraging her to take another step forward.
    The road stretching away from Marsdon was made of dirt and was rutted rather badly and the young traveler couldn’t have cared less. It was freedom.
    Vena took a deep breath, pulled her too-large jacket closer around her form and didn’t look back.



    I am going to keep up. I am. It hasn't gotten hard to hit the goal yet, but those words keep on stacking up. 

    Righto, I have to go look up an actor that we recognized in our movie. See you all on the morrow!

    Ad astra per aspera.
    To the stars, through difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, critiques?