Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Writing: Deviant Jaydn: "Years"

    As always, life; it eats me. As does schoolwork, but what else is new in the life of a sophomore highschooler, huh?

    I was revisiting my deviant documents just now and realized I had a short series of scribbles for Jaydn that didn't need any editing.

    They're basically brief glimpses at the first nine years of Jade's life on Gogam, with an added little blip on the end that kind of wrote itself when I was scrawling down the various years.

  Gogamian Translation:
    Imo = father
    Ha'imo = mother (or, literally, sub-father)
    Virke-yset = green eyes
    Shikhan = somewhat fluid, chieftan/acknowledgement of someone higher in rank than yourself


   At one year, Jaydn is learning very, very quickly how angry her parents can be if provoked, and teaches herself to keep quiet, to play out of sight, and not to cry no matter how badly it might hurt.

   At two years, Jaydn is realizing that it’s not just her that her parents get so angry with. Imo yells at his warriors and Ha’imo shouts at him. In the chaos, Jade hurries off to sit by herself to avoid any potential danger that may arise.

   At three years, Jaydn now knows to never speak back to her mother. Her face will hurt for weeks and the world hasn’t stopped spinning yet. And then Virke-Yset is there and she hardly knows what’s going on but when a day passes without these strangers causing her any harm... Jade knows a glimmer of hope.

   At four years, Jaydn has seen so much and has never known happiness like this. Virke-yset and Shikhan want to be her new Ha’imo and Imo and Jade couldn’t be more excited to be able to call them as such.

   At five years, Jaydn is expanding her borders. Imo gave her a little gun and taught her how and who to use it on while Ha’imo explained that she always had to be ready to protect herself if ever a time should arise that she and Imo couldn’t. This left Jade confused, but she was glad that she could be like Imo and Ha’imo now.

   At six years, Jaydn is just beginning to grasp the dangers of the world she lives in and she uses her gun for the first time on a man who was trying to hurt Ha’imo. For once, Imo’s quiet praise didn’t make her want to jump around in glee. Jade is finally starting to understand.

   At seven years, Jaydn is taking a much keener interest to what occurs around her and she actually begins to listen to that which her parents speak of. Despite the danger, though, Jade is happy because she knows she can protect her family and that they’re not going to hurt or leave her.

   At eight years, Jaydn is trying to wrap her mind around the concept of leaving Gogam. She sits with Ha’imo and asks questions about the rest of the galaxy, then regrets it whenever that sad wistfulness enters into the green eyes that Jade finds to be so very captivating. But her curiosity is kindled and she asks as many questions as Ha’imo will answer for her.

   At nine years, Jaydn is unable to believe she’s actually leaving home. Yes, her parents make up most of that sentiment, but she can’t imagine a world not covered in sand that is watched over by a brutal sun. The ship that will carry them away scares Jade but she hides that fear, because Ha’imo, beneath her unease, is excited. She is the one going home now.

   Jade awakens and knows it is early not so much by the gray light, but by Imo’s presence, where he lays behind Ha’imo, an arm around her waist and his nose in her hair. The sight calms her nerves, because no matter what the day might bring, it’s going to be all right.
   They’re going to leave Gogam, probably never to return, but it would be all right because they are a family and nothing is going to break them apart.



   My updating schedule will most likely be sporadic until I can get caught up in schoolwork, which my dad wants to be by the end of April, and while that'll take a bit of doing, I hope to be able to pull it off.

   Aaannnddd, because I'm feel either benevolent or guilty or maybe both, a deviant Ruusan blip.


   Some might accuse them of being too hasty, to spend more time together before their lives were irrevocably tied together. After all, they might've known each other when they were kids, but it had barely been five months ago that they'd met again as adults. And several of those months had been spent in silence, waiting and wondering what would be next.
   But this feels right.
   No, it won't be perfect. But when is anything perfect these days? It doesn't have to be perfect to be real.
   And warmth still lingers within from his kiss when she'd leaned close and whispered I love you for the first time and that's how she knows they'll be okay. We're going to last.
   There's never been someone else like him in her life and she doesn't want there to be.
   He's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.
   There'll be arguments and fights, but there will be apologies and make-ups to match. Neither of them are perfect, but both of them are dedicated to working through their differences.
    I've never wanted to take care of someone like I want to take care of Jhidek. I want to know him better than I've ever known anyone in this galaxy. I want to be here for him when he comes back from putting his life on the line for a galaxy of people who don't even realize he and his family are. I want to be able to soothe his pain and put him at ease.
    We still have a lot to learn about each other and I'm okay with that.
    I don't mind learning late at night when we're still awake as opposed to across a table over dinner like normal people. Neither of us have ever been normal.
    Which is why I don't need a ceremony and an expensive dress, because there's never going to be someone else. The words binding us together can be said in front of the people who matter the most to us. There doesn't have to be a pastor with a Bible because we both know what this means.
    In sickness and in health, through every storm that tries to break us, overcoming every person that tries to stand between us, every day for the rest of our lives, until we draw our last breaths and death do us part.
    Ruu lays on her back and stares up at the ceiling, humming along with the violin piece that plays through her radio on the bedside table as she drifts through her thoughts.
    Less than a day.



   And with that, I believe that's all I've got for the evening.

   Once again, I apologize for the touch-and-go schedule these days. Such is life, yes?

   Thank you both for your patience and for reading!

   Have an amazingly awesome day, ne?

   Ad astra per aspera.
   To the stars, through difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, critiques?