As the title suggests, I have kidnapped Ruusan by a band of slave-traders and this is a small glimpse into Jade's thoughts on it all a couple of months after she disappears.
I don't have a lot of lead-up to tell about it aside from that, when Ruu was kidnapped, she and Jhidek had been married maybe five months, six at the max. As one might expect, he is not taking her absence well, and that shows up in this bit with Jade.
Also, please take WARNING that there are some sensitive themes mentioned in this scrawl, and while they're nothing explicit, they're enough that it might make someone uncomfortable. So please be aware before you head on into this scribble of mine.
Gogamian Language Review:
Imo = father
Ha'imo = mother, or, literally, sub-father
Shak = a curse (don't try this at home, kids.)
Ji = no
With that, please enjoy and I will have more news down below.
Jade collapses onto the couch, exhaustion causing her head to ache and her limbs to feel weighted. She can’t recall the last time she’s had more than a couple hours of solid sleep. They’ve been on the go since two and a half months ago, constantly on the move, searching, questioning, following up leads, and breaking down the proverbial doors on more slave-trading rings than she cares to remember.
It’d taken them just a few weeks to run down any enemies in either their pasts or Aunt Sar and Uncle Novarr’s pasts that might still be alive and holding a grudge and because there had been no ransom demand, they can only assume that it means she’d been taken by a slave-trading operation.
Ordinarily, she might feel a quiet sense of pride over what they’ve accomplished in such a short time, how many syndicates and crime gangs they’ve brought down, but their goal was never the human trafficking.
Despite her weariness, Jaydn is aware of the helpless frustration churning inside her. There is nothing. No whispers. No crumbs. Nothing to lead them to Ruu.
Jay looks worse and gets quieter by the day and Jade wishes that they would just find something, anything at this point that will give him, and the rest of them, hope.
There’s been too much time to consider what may have befallen her, because although Ruusan is strong, she’s not strong in a way that will protect her from the malevolent side of this galaxy, and that’s what Jade’s truly afraid of.
Not that Ruu will be found dead, although that is her second greatest fear, but that she will be dead inside, a shell of her former self, broken down with her good heart crushed into dust.
She’s seen it before in the past, and countless times in these recent months. Women who have had everything taken from them. Bruised, beaten, abused, destroyed until there’s nothing left of who they were before.
Jade shifts onto her back, letting her arm fall over her eyes to block out the faint light from the rest of the room. Her mind is full of images she wishes she could erase and she makes her tensing form relax once more, although her fingers remain clenched into a fist.
That can’t happen to her; not to Ruu.
We just need one sign, one bread crumb to show us where to go. Everyone is looking, talking to their people. Aunt Sar is edging the line of abusing her authority as a grandmaster searching for Ruu and Uncle Nov disappears for days at a time to search.
We’re doing everything we can.
And it’s not. enough. She swallows back the emotion that tightens her throat, feeling hot water flood her eyes. What do we do, Imo? Ha’imo? I can’t bear seeing Jay like this. I can’t bear seeing any of us like this, but Jhidek especially.
Her brother’s pain drives her to the point of distraction sometimes, unable to fathom what it is he feels every time they come out with nothing again. Raina’s being affected by it as well. Shak, everyone is.
Jade sits up without warning and hastily sheds herself of her gear, dropping her weapons on the coffee table before she gets up to go to her room.
Shower. She needs a shower because otherwise she’s going to break down.
Ji. I can’t.
The door slides shut behind her and Jaydn goes about divesting herself of her clothes, stepping out of her boots, throwing her jacket on her bed, and she tries to ignore the fine tremble that’s setting into her hands.
The cold water is a shock to her system. Jade forces herself to remain under the icy rain from the showerhead, leaning her forehead against the wall.
Dear God… help us…
So that's pretty much the situation with Ruusan in the deviant storyline currently. I'd had one idea how things go down with Ruu while Jay and everyone else is looking for her, but my sisters got to me and I decided to take another path, one that will have far more serious repercussions on Ruusan.
It's all deliciously dramatic and just a wee bit angsty.
Just a little awkward, "Is she alright?", sadistic!writer moment there for you all.
News, news. Well, I hope to sit here on the computer and post several more various scribbles from different points in both the Deviant and Original storylines this evening while I am avoiding math and Latin.
Beyond that, I don't have any plans, but I do have a good-sized stack of randomness that I'd like to share with you, including deviant stuff including Jaydn and this hunter with stormy blue eyes who goes by the name Jase Drouais.
Unfortunately, the course of love (true love?) never did run smooth, as I am very fond of proving in my characters' love lives.
Ah well. They shall survive.
With that, I shall cease talking your ear off and go put together a few more posts for your perusal.
As always, thank you ever so much for reading! (And I hit 1000 views today, which is incredibly exciting, and I thank you all for that as well!)
Ad astra per aspera.
To the stars, through difficulties.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions, comments, critiques?