Just this evening, I decided to create a profile board for Ianthe's world on Pinterest.
(For those who don't know what Pinterest is, now is your chance to get in on the awesomeness.)
http://pinterest.com/penwielder1262/profile-ianthe-and-the-tribes/
You don't need a profile on Pinterest to view the pictures, so feel free to go mosey through what I've dug up so far. There is also a small description at the top giving you a little bit more of an idea about Ianthe and what her story is, since I don't think I've explained it thus far.
Also, keep in mind that Ianthe's story is not set on Earth, but in some other distant realm/desert/thing. So none of the cultural distinctions (?) that you might garner from the pictures on my Pinterest board are probably not how things are over in Ianthe's world. Does that make any sense?
To fill up a little more space, I'm going to run down the characters I have so far. (The ones with names, that is. There are a couple, far hazier characters without names that I won't list.)
-- Ianthe of the Iparsha Tribe. Main character. Younger sister to Isra by five minutes. Gives herself over to Malika (see below) in exchange for Isra's freedom. She, being the younger twin, is Isra's guardian and as such, her life is not her own until Isra marries and allows Ianthe her freedom.
-- Isra of the Iparsha Tribe. Older sister to Ianthe. Heir to the Iparsha tribe. Betrothed to Haro of the Delath Tribe (see below). Set free by Malika after Ianthe hands the rest of her life over to Malika.
-- Malika of the *unnamed* Tribe. Main antagonist, but not a technical villain. Sole ruler over her tribe's city. Husband has been deceased for several years. Her tribe is renowned for its strength and ingenuity, making it a formidable foe that is not to be crossed. Ianthe and Soran (see below), of their own free will, gave their fates over to her so their respective twins could go free.
-- Soran of the *unnamed* Tribe. Ally to Ianthe. Older brother to his twin, and also the rightful heir to his own tribe before he handed that right to his brother and stayed with Malika so his twin could go free. Eventually becomes Ianthe's confidante.
-- Haro of the Delath Tribe. Oldest son and heir to the ruler of the Delath Tribe. Betrothed to Isra by their fathers to bring the two tribes together, although there is a genuine affection between the two of them.
Alright. That's most of them. Everyone else is kind of hazy as they haven't had any majorly important parts to play in my mind rambles.I think it's also important to note that Malika, while the main antagonist, is not an inherently bad person. She enjoys toying with lives, but it is rare that she is actually cruel. She keeps her word to both Soran and Ianthe and lets their siblings leave. (Also doesn't declare war on their tribes, but that's a small, inconsequential detail.) She was in love with her husband before his death several years ago in the story, but I don't believe he ever loved her in return. She also has no children, so Malika's life is a very lonely one.
Which I believe is one of the reasons why she 'kidnapped' Soran and Ianthe. They might hate her, but they fill that empty gap in her life.
So... does Ianthe's story interest you yet?
(And have my fellow romantics connected the dots yet?)
That's about all I have for now. Thank you for reading1
Ad astra per aspera.
To the stars, through difficulties.
I'm not sure if I missed it... who is Soran's twin? Or is he not a main character or have no name?
ReplyDeleteSorry, I should've made that more clear. Soran's twin was originally the guardian, the younger twin, but he hated it. He wanted to be the one in line to rule, in that he wanted to be equal to his brother. Does that make sense? But, no, he's not a main character, and I've never planned on him coming in. Soran will probably talk about him to Ianthe, though, at some point.
Delete